Thursday, April 3, 2014

Cardhu

Twi'lek
I expressed interest in trying out Star Wars Edge of the Empire.  That's all it took and a few nights later I was sipping a nice glass of scotch and filling out my first ever character sheet.

Cardhu - the name of my fine scotch became the name of my blue skinned female Twi'lek character. A fringe trader. Female you ask?? 

I figured I really go for it. Really force myself to be creative.  At first I was going to go the angle of maybe Gordon Freedman of Halflife, or maybe a sharp shooter from Counterstrike - something along the military characteristics with guns and other weaponry if I was to take on the Empire.  But that seemed like the easy thing to do for me - so I bucked my personal conventions and went with everything I could think of that was opposite of what I'd normally do.

My inspiration for my character would be Christina Hendricks from MadMen (and later pointed out to me - Firefly) and Garek of DS9.  Confident and smart of the persuasive personality that might be able to accomplish more with intellect instead of blaster fire.  I figured the others I'd be joining would be gunnery types so adding a 'face' to the mix might shake up the game play.  

I leveled up my character with as much cunning and intellect as possible - I even took on more obligation to raise my stats.  I grabbed a light range blaster and a frag grenade for good measure.  

The news of my joining this 'Fight Club' spread quickly and was met with excitement.  I wish I could of saw their faces when the 'he created a girl character' was announced.  I learned later it was met with some shock - no one apparently considered creating a female character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment