Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Hunter Becomes the Hunted

The good doctor and I are moles in an underground crime ring on the core planet Coruscant.  We are tasked with finding the identity of a bounty hunter that crossed a rival gang.  Just as we uncover the name we are discovered and half to make a break for it.

Our escape involves a speeder chase through crowded frantic air-traffic, the destruction of our ride along with some unsuspecting droid cops and the car jacking of a police vehicle.  We later pawn it off at a chop shop. 

We are now sent out to track down the Trandoshan. Finding him is no easy task.  It involves a shoot out in a dive bar and the extraction of information from a now footless gangster.  It's a dark but bloody humorous scene as the Doctor and I make him talk by stomping on the maimed bad guy's ankle stump.

Eventually arriving at the bounty hunter's hideout (an industrial processing plant of sorts) the Doctor and I split up.  He attempts to infiltrate the complex through a series of vents and pipes where as I take the more direct approach by sweet talking the security camera in the main entrance.

My appearance seems to meet with the bounty hunter's approval and he allows me in.  I'm alone with the bad ass and I know it's a hopeless cause to attempt some sort of melee.  With Kane no where to be seen and time running out - I attempt to coerce the Trandoshan to surrender.  It's a ballsy move and dependent solely on my dice skills. If I fail - he'll have seen through my deception and I'm pretty much toast.

I've got some extra dice in play due to some proficiency in bullshitting.  I hold my breath - and roll.  

Success!  He surrenders! Not a single shot fired!  I train my pistol on him until the Jorbis can bind him.  We take him into custody.  The Trandoshan is beside himself that he's been duped.  

More shocked is the Pyke Family we turn him in to. We are revered and handsomely paid. 

The GM I think was most shocked - as this was definitely a bizarre and brazen bit of role playing.  



No comments:

Post a Comment