Thursday, April 3, 2014

Dark Harden

Moss & Roy RPG session with Suits
A few years back when I binged watched the IT Crowd, there was an episode in the fourth and final season when the topic of Role Playing Games was broached. Pure hilarity ensued as Moss the GM lead 3 'Suits' on a wondrous journey of the mind in "Jen The Frodo".

I had always had a secret fascination of the D and D world and this episode of IT Crowd drew it closer to the surface.

I work in IT but I don't see myself as the stereotypical geek. I do enjoy general geek things like Star Wars, Trek, Firefly and other tv/movie sci-fi. But I don't brand myself as having a commanding knowledge as those I see in the comic con realms.  

RPG is something I didn't think I had the geek smarts and credibility to attempt.
That is until I showed a friend the  Jen The Frodo episode.   This is when it was let known to me that my friend was a big RPG enthusiasts since childhood.   It was just something he didn't ever bring up because of the stigma attached.  I found out as well that other friends were part of this secret society.
I wanted in.

No comments:

Post a Comment